Monday 3 December 2012

revamp: an old coat

 I've been going through my wardrobe lately and throwing things I hardly wear out because I need space for my terrible shopping habit. I came across this swing coat that was given to me a few christmases ago and I remembered how much I loved wearing it but felt that it was looking a bit dated.
 But when I couldn't bring myself to throw it out, after all it was a gift from my partner. I decided that the thing that made it look dated and not so appealing to me were the buttons. So I decided not to throw it but to revamp it so that I could love it again as much as I once did.
 So I decided to buy some new buttons to replace the old ones and since I needed a good excuse to pop down to hobby craft, I thought this is my chance. I decided to go for vintage looking gold buttons, which were very inexpensive.
 I think that the gold buttons have definitely made my coat look much more classy and very winter chic.
I'm loving my coat all over again and I can't wait to wear it and to post it with my outfit of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment